Blueback Project Time Machine
Blueback Reservoir, NetApp and Schlumberger have partnered to create innovative new data management solutions for the Petrel* platform utilizing NetApp technology.
As Petrel generate ever growing volumes of project data to navigate, it is critical that all projects get a network backup while still minimizing downtime periods that heavily impact the Petrel user. The Blueback Project Time Machine allows for automatic, on-demand and idle snapshot (version) copies of Petrel projects, enabling data managers to maintain the order and structure of their Petrel environment.
The Blueback Project Time Machine provides easy and intuitive functionality for restoring/recovering version copies of a Petrel project. It gives both Petrel users and data managers the security of being able to restore data if needed.
- Automatic and on-demand back-ups of Petrel projects to the NetApp storage servers
- Option to apply a project save and create version when Petrel is idle
- Incremental versions of Petrel project stored in seconds
- Saving storage space and bandwidth due to incremental snapshots (versions), leveraging NetApp technology directly in Petrel
- Versioning support for local projects, i.e. projects saved on your local machine/personal computer
- Go 'back/forward in time' - provide the Petrel user with an option to restore projects from a given time
- Insurance policy to recover 'corrupt projects'. Avoid losing projects due to corrupted data
- Keep and up-to-date copy of your project at all times
*Mark of Schlumberger