Blueback Project Management Toolbox
Clean up and control your Petrel project content
The Blueback Toolbox suite of Petrel* plug-ins contains Petrel functionality features not available in standard Petrel. It has been developed by the Blueback Reservoir development team using the Petrel development framework called Ocean*. All functionality has been developed based on requests from Petrel users around the world and the development is coordinated with the Petrel software teams at Schlumberger.
The Project Management Toolbox contains a large amount of small plug-ins filling functionality gaps in Petrel. The focus is to provide Petrel users with functionality features to help keep the projects clean and organized, and to ease the import/export issues in standard Petrel.
The tools include functionality for changing data objects, reporting on project content, and support for additional data formats.
The Project Management Toolbox gives you a rich set of tools, and our frequent releases provide a steady increase of functionality based on feedback from Petrel users.
Is there specific missing features in Petrel that you would like to add? Get in touch with us to discuss how we can help you and your company to optimize your workflows and Petrel usage.
- Project reporter for outputting a report on the current active Petrel* project. Report can be exported on a variety of different formats
- Project scanner searches selected directories and displays an overview of the Petrel projects found. This information can be saved into a text file or copy and pasted into Excel, and can be used for detecting large projects or seismic files in your Petrel project directories. The Scanner results gives you a quick way of assessing how many Petrel projects you have on your drive and where to start cleaning up your project content
- Find & rename multiple selected data objects or folders. Provides an easy and fast way for changing a text string in the name for multiple objects in one operation
- Change color, template, symbol (wells), domain (seismic) on multiple selected objects or folders
- General ASCII data reader for 3D interpretation and seismic cube data
- Import point data (e.g. velocity data) with automatic conversion to a cube object. This improves the data handling and also gives a significant performance boost
- Export of seismic navigation data
- Move external seismic objects (links) into the Petrel project
- Import 3D seismic interpretation as a point data set
- Import images (scanned seismic, structural crossections) as 2D seismic lines, enabling standard Petrel interpretation of these data objects
- Import points and polygons in latitude/longitude coordinates
- Multi SEGY export from the seismic folder meny, both for cubes and 2D lines
- Flip 2D seismic is a tool for flipping the direction of the 2D line to make it easier to compare interpretations between lines with opposite direction
- Rename multiple simulation cases. Save time by renaming multiple cases in one operation
- Shift check shots. Select all check shots or use the well filter to shift a subset of the check shots. A shift can be applied in both time and depth
- NPD well loader. The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) maintains a public database of different data from the petroleum activities of the Norwegian continental shelf. This data is available from the NPD web site, the NPD well loader enables download of well headers into your Petrel project
- Import of GeoTIFF image files. The loader reads the embedded geo referenced information, including the EPSG code
- Export of Petrel data to the Velocity Manager software from Cambridge Petroleum
- Search in history and comments of data objects. A tool to quickly find data, e.g. from a specific user or data edited at given dates
- Integration with the Blueback Project Tracker plug-in. A tool for tracking and monitoring multiple Petrel projects, used by data managers responsible for looking after Petrel projects from multiple users. Through the integration you can now compare a local project with reference projects in the Blueback Project Tracker database. You can also access duplicated seismic information from the Blueback Project Tracker database to help you set up your project with the correct links to your seismic.
*Marks of Schlumberger